Summary of the breakfast meeting with the City Group 24/3:
- Thoughts on barriers to widen the sidewalk – One suggestion is to only put barriers along the square (from the north from the parking sign at Polkaprinsen to the handicap parking at Damella) so that it does not become too crowded. If so, we only want it in weeks 26-32.
- The Easter shopping day is coordinated with Hallska Farm’s spring market on 1/4. Paper eggs will be distributed to some shops and cafes over the next week along with tokens for participants. All children who hand in a completed slip at a cookhouse receive a lollipop. Catrin has mascot costumes, we need children/young people who want to walk around with these and distribute talons and spread a wonderful atmosphere.
- We have dropped the idea of a calendar of events as it is difficult to have a static calendar for changes/cancelled events etc. Instead, we focus on the one on the website and make sure it is updated and disseminated. Karin Sjögren provides a QR code that links directly to the site, which can be displayed in shops and cities. We also need a co-administrator from the City Group to help organize the events. Have a look at the calendar: https://grannanaringsliv.se/events/
- There is a toolbox developed by the destination with, among other things, images to download if you need them for events etc.: https://thisisjkpg.com/media?types=image
- Polka dots day on 20 April – a joint event? The issue was raised and discussed further. It’s also good to contact the media for more publicity so it gets noticed. Important this year in terms of origin marking.
Thank you for a really nice lunch at Gyllene Uttern and I’m glad we had the opportunity to meet so many of you and exchange experiences and be inspired. It is interesting to meet and hear about everything that happens in the business community and the hospitality industry in Gränna and the surrounding area.
Register for the next Chamber of Commerce breakfast meeting
We would like to remind you that the next meeting for our members is over a breakfast at Kaffestugan at Gyllene Uttern on May 11th at 10 am. 8:00. This time our guest is Annika Cederfeldt, Head of Business Policy at the Jönköping Chamber of Commerce. She informs about the Chamber of Commerce and how they can support businesses. This meeting is also free of charge for members. Please register at email@example.com by May 6.
How can we support you?
We have heard that there is a demand for help with digital marketing and communication. If there is anything in particular that you or your company needs help, advice or support with, please get in touch with us and we will raise it at the next board meeting and make sure to bring it up in some way soon for our members.
On our Facebook and Instagram page “Granna stad” we share information about business in Gränna and the surrounding area. If you have something you want to tell us about your business, send us some pictures and an introductory text about your company or association in a PM and we will post regularly. Take a look at our previous posts for inspiration.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope you will attend the breakfast meeting on 11 May!
Summary after City Group meeting 3/3-2023
- GAIS provides summer parking on the gravel field. Lisen checks with Erling if we need to seek any permits for this.
- Discussion about what we want to do with the sidewalk on Brahegatan this year. Should we broaden it like last year? We ask around and make suggestions/opinions to those responsible at Jönköping municipality.
- We continue to lie to Jönköping municipality about bike racks that we can’t seem to get rid of.
- Information from Jönköping municipality that they are organizing spring flowers this year but then the flowers are gone. during the rest of the year. Lisen has emailed the municipality if they leave the pots on the square so we can plant ourselves and if we can instead get the money for the spring flowers and thus plant perennial plants with the help of Ebe plant (which lasts over spring and summer). Watering of pots will have to be handled by ourselves.
Easter market on April 1
more like an Easter shopping day with local shops.
– Opening hours 10-17 (those who can)
– Lisen creates an event on facebook and feeds information as it happens (you can send it over if there is something special you want to include).
– We organize an egg hunt by placing eggs in shop windows, Karin Sjögren makes a competition stall. All participants get a candy bar, we also have 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize that the shops can sponsor.
– We have two costumes for people to wear on the streets and wish them a happy Easter. They may also distribute egg hunt and Easter candy or similar leaflets.
- We will try to create a calendar sheet for this year’s events. See also the updated calendar on the website: https://grannanaringsliv.se/. Please let Karin Sjögren in the board of the business association know if you have an event you want to post: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reminds again that you can add your own events to the Destination’s event calendar, you can do so here: https://jkpg.com/sv/suggest-experience/2c68afe992616f378452e1d001c91ba2c3fbf158/ or by emailing Sofia Allard at email@example.com.
- Next meeting scheduled for 24/3 at 8:00 at Fackhandelsdata. It will be brought forward in view of the Easter trading day.
During the week, we received a positive decision from Jönköping municipality on the partial financing of our project Mat runt Gränna.
It feels great that the business department sees the value of the project and wants to support it as part of promoting sustainable entrepreneurship and rural development.
In his decision, Sven Rydell, Head of Business Development in Jönköping Municipality, writes the following:
We believe that Mat runt Gränna has had a good start since it was launched in 2021 and there is great potential through continuity and purposeful commitment. The participants in Mat runt Gränna have the opportunity to develop and strengthen their concepts and collaborations through the network. The network has a wide range of expertise in different areas, which creates good conditions for the event in both the long and short term. Opportunities are created to coach each other, package their offers, strengthen their sustainability work, find new target groups and gain an expanded market, which creates long-term benefits and increased profitability for the suppliers.
Now the planning for this year’s event weekend 18-21/5 (Ascension weekend) is in full swing and the marketing of this year’s participants will start in March. Feel free to follow Mat runt Gränna on Instagram(https://www.instagram.com/matruntgranna/) and Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/matruntgranna) to find out about all the food happening around Gränna and the surrounding area.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact project manager Cecilia Hakeberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.